Google
 

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Shangri-La Hotel and Resort Mactan Cebu

My colleague Cristy and I attended a two-day Oracle bootcamp in Shangri-La Mactan, Cebu, Philippines last June of 2005.

Shangri-La is really world class. The rooms are great, likewise the food, moreso the service.

We spent the first whole day attending seminars, then had our dinner by the beach. We partied later that evening where every group were asked to have a presentation number, including us, of course. Since Cristy and I don't have something prepared, I just sang to them a couple of tunes, and fortunately, I was chosen as the best male performer. Talking about unprepared... Hehehe. :) I called it a night around 2 PM because we have to wake up early for the next day's activities.

If the first day was intended to stimulate our minds, the next day's morning activities were targeted at our physical conditioning. We were divided into four groups and played a total for 4 strength and water games. The games were rough, nevertheless, our team finished first.

After lunch, we were given free time to enjoy the beach, pool, the entire facility, and even shop for souvenirs and pasalubong at nearby malls. We left for Manila later that afternoon.

I definitely enjoyed my stay. I wish to come back someday and enjoy Shangri-La at its best together with my family.

My personal rating: 8.5 out of 10.

Pictures to follow. I'm still tyring to dig in my files.

No comments:

Travel Tips